Jason joined Business Appraisal Services, LLC as a Valuation Analyst in January 2020 after graduating from Northern Illinois University in 2019 with a degree in finance. His background in banking and corporate finance will be utilized to perform valuations of BAS clients.
While at Northern Illinois University, Jason was an active member of the Investments Association and Financial Management Association. Jason’s coursework ranged from investments and derivatives to the application of corporate finance in a real-world setting.
Prior to joining BAS, Jason held part-time positions in the wealth management and accountancy fields.
Jason’s responsibilities at BAS include:
- Perform valuation analysis of privately-held entities using: Income, Market and Asset approaches.
- Perform valuations used for Purchase Price Allocations, 409A stock issuances, and Goodwill Impairment Testing.
- Analyze company financial statements to identify historical trends.
- Assist clients in projecting future cash flows, reconciling past performance with future performance.
- Construct valuation models for corporate planning purposes, ESOP transactions and tax planning purposes.
- Research and identify comparable companies and compare multiples to target company using standard public company databases.
- Conduct due diligence activities with senior management.
- Perform data analysis for litigation support purposes.
- Analyze advanced valuation issues that require option pricing analyses, Monte Carlo analyses, and other complex structures.
- Prepare in-depth valuation reports summarizing each valuation method utilized.
Bachelor of Science Finance
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, 2019